i. WEBSITE USE AND ONLINE CONTENT
USING THE WEBSITE
- You must not use this wesite to post, share or transmit material which is unlawful or infringes anyone else’s rights, or in any way which is abusive or defamatory, or which harasses anyone, or in any way which could damage SPLIT’s reputation.
- You must not use this website to transmit software viruses or code designed to interrupt, destroy or compromise the integrity of computer software, hardware or smart phone technology.
- We are not responsible for content posted on the site in the ‘comments section’ by third parties. You can report any inappropriate content to us at email@example.com.
- We don’t guarantee that the site will always be available or free from errors or viruses.
- Any information we hold about you will only be used to respond to inquiries made via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you post comments on the site, we may also store and monitor your communications.
- Your name and contact information will not be shared with anyone else, unless in circumstances specified below.
- We may disclose your personal information if required by law, or to protect or defend ourselves or others against illegal or harmful activities.
- Comments and other information which you post on the site will be displayed publicly and to other users. Please be careful when disclosing personal information which may identify you or anyone else. We are not responsible for the protection or security of information which you post in public areas.
- We take steps to protect your personal information. However, we can’t guarantee to eliminate all risk of misuse.
- You are legally entitled to know what personal information we hold about you. If you would like to know what information we hold about you, email email@example.com.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
- SPLIT strongly recommends that you seek professional medical advice before embarking on any diet or exercise programme. Any exercise programme, even in healthy individuals, carries risk. By undertaking any of the downloadable programmes or activities mentioned on the website, you agree that you are fit to do so and are undertaking them at your own risk.
- All the programmes available to download on the website are free to use. You have a responsibility to exercise your own personal judgment before acting on any of the content, advice or programmes provided by us.
- By undertaking this programme, you agree to do so at your own risk and assume the risk of any and all injury and/or damage you may suffer, whether while engaging in physical exercise or not. This includes injury or damage sustained while and/or resulting from using the programme, or using any equipment mentioned in the programme.
- You agree that you are voluntarily participating in any activities mentioned in the programme or on the SPLIT website. SPLIT and Josephine Gurney-Read, will not be held liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, exemplary (or other) losses or damages that may result from participating in the programme, including, but not limited to, economic loss, injury, illness or death.
- SPLIT provides no warranties of any kind concerning the effectiveness of the programme. Results will depend on the individual in question.
- While we endeavour to reply to emails and comments, we provide no guarantees that we will always be able to get back to you.
- While we endeavour to make sure that the content available on the website is accurate, we can’t guarantee that it will always be free from error.
- Any blogs, programmes or articles posted on this site are the property of SPLIT and Josephine Gurney-Read and cannot be used elsewhere (in print or online) without attribution and written consent from Josephine Gurney-Read.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to use or share any of the information on this website.
- Unless otherwise specified, any images used on the website are royalty-free stock images from unsplash.com or pexels.com. Any images credited to SPLIT are the property of SPLIT and cannot be used elsewhere without attribution and written consent from Josephine Gurney-Read.
ii. ONLINE PERSONAL TRAINING
- In purchasing online personal training sessions, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to the following points contained within this agreement and to the points contained in the ‘refund policy’ and ‘changing or cancelling a session’ policy.
- I understand that the programme I am given is voluntary and that my personal trainer will guide me through my exercise programme during our weekly online sessions.
- I understand that the programme is for individuals who are fit to undertake physical activity and do not have any medical conditions that could be worsened by physical activity.
- I agree to accurately and completely disclosure any prescribed medications I am taking and any exercise, diet or health limitations I am aware of, so that my personal trainer can advise on the best (or alternate) course of action.
- I will notify my personal trainer immediately of any health issues that arise during the course of the programme that may affect my ability to participate.
- I acknowledge that I have been given permission to participate in a physical programme of exercise by my doctor, or I have decided to participate without the approval of my doctor.
- I understand that my personal trainer is not a medical professional and cannot replace the advice and expertise of a GP.
- I understand that my personal trainer is not a nutritionist or registered dietician, and is legally not allowed to prescribe a specific meal plan for me.
- I take full and complete responsibility for my own safety during an exercise session and will use my own personal judgement to stop or decrease exercise at any time if I feel unable to complete any aspect of the programme. I will seek help and advice from a doctor in the event of injury or seek immediate medical attention if I develop any symptoms such as fatigue, shortness of breath or chest discomfort.
- I understand that taking part in physical activity carries a level of risk including but not limited to serious injury, paralysis, heart attacks or even death. I agree that by participating in this programme, I am doing so at my own risk and assume the risk of any and all injury and/or damage I may suffer, whether while engaging in physical exercise or not. This includes injury or damage sustained while participating in and/or resulting from using the programme, or using any equipment mentioned in the programme.
- I understand and accept that participating in the programme will not guarantee weight loss or any other specific results. Results will depend on the individual concerned and their compliance with the programme and with healthy eating guidelines offered by the Government.
- I understand that I should not share the advice or workouts contained within the programme – or any advice given by my personal trainer during online sessions or via email – with any other individual. I understand that this advice and programme is intended for me.
- If I am unhappy with any aspect of the programme, I will let Josephine Gurney-Read know immediately.
- I agree to pay for the full package of 4 weeks and acknowledge that no part of the programme will commence until payment has been received in full.
- I do hereby waive, release and forever discharge Josephine Gurney-Read from any and all responsibilities or liability for any present and future injuries or damages resulting or arising from my participation in any activities mentioned in my programme.
- I understand that my acceptance on the programme is at the discretion of Josephine Gurney-Read, who will determine whether she is able to offer support as a personal trainer. I understand that no payment will be taken in the event Josephine Gurney-Read is unable to assist me.
- Packages must be started within 14 days of purchase.
- A full refund will be given if requested by email (email@example.com) in the first 14 days of purchase, providing that no aspects of the package have already been claimed, including: nutrition analysis, any Skype calls, programme cards.
- If any aspects of the programme have already been claimed – including the nutritional analysis, any Skype calls or programme cards – no refund will be offered. However, we will endeavour to accommodate any changes to your sessions, at the discretion of Josephine Gurney-Read.
CHANGING OR CANCELLING A SESSION
- If you are unable to attend a booked online session, you must give your personal trainer a minimum of 12 hours notice in order to reschedule, or you agree to forfeit that session with no reimbursement (this will include forfeiting your weekly PDF plan).
- We will endeavour to be flexible when it comes to rescheduling online sessions. If you would like to reschedule your session ahead of the 12 hour deadline, we will offer you alternative times. We cannot guarantee that these will be on the same day as your original slot.
- Rescheduled appointments must be confirmed in advance of the original time slot. If you miss an online session without giving warning, you agree to forfeit that session with no reimbursement (this includes your weekly PDF plan).
- During the course of the four week package, we allow you to skip one week if you are unable to participate, due to illness or travelling. This must be agreed in advance. If you are unable to continue with the programme due to health concerns, please contact Josephine Gurney-Read immediately to discuss your options.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*SPLIT and Josephine Gurney-Read are used interchangeably and refer to the same person.